IN PROCESS - Aarhus
With "IN PROCESS - Aarhus", HAUT and Åbne Scene will continue their collaboration and create a framework for a performing arts experiment that examines what artistic cross-pollination can take place when Copenhagen-based artists travel across the Great Belt to meet the artistic community in Aarhus.
During the residency in Åbne Scene’s black box, the artistic team will have two separate meetings with the Aarhus-based artists or professionals that can enrich their artistic process. In addition to the possibility of sharing the artistic material with other professionals/artists, the two meetings will include an informal conversation over dinner that HAUT and Åbne Scene will host. "IN PROCESS - Aarhus" will result in a public work-in-process sharing for an audience and colleagues as well as a moderated feedback conversation.
"IN PROCESS - Aarhus" is for professional performing artists and choreographers based in Copenhagen that are in the early stages of developing a project or idea for the stage who need black box facilities and professionals to spar with. In your application, we ask you to include which Aarhus-based artists or professionals that could be relevant for your artistic work. If you tell us which areas of expertise you are looking for, Åbne Scene and HAUT can help you find the relevant people to spar with, should you not know which names to look for.
CONTENT & DATES
As part of "IN PROCESS - Aarhus" you will be offered:
- 8 days residency in Åbne Scene’s Black Box
- Possibility to work with light and sound as well as assistance from a technician by appointment.
- Possibility for artistic feedback by HAUT and Åbne Scene.
- Two meetings where you can spar with relevant artists/professionals.
- A final work-in-process sharing of the artistic material as well as a moderated feedback conversation with the audience.
- A fee of 6.500 DKK per artist (max. 5 people)
- A production fee of max. 3000 DKK.
- Cover of travel expenses (domestic travels with public transport)
- Cover of accommodation at Godsbanen.
- Production meeting 29th March 2021 at HAUT in Copenhagen
- IN PROCESS - Aarhus takes place 27th April - 4th May 2021 at Åbne Scene, Godsbanen in Aarhus.
- Work-in-process sharing with moderated feedback 3rd May 2021 at Åbne Scene
- Evaluation 4th May at Åbne Scene
WHAT WE ASK OF YOU
- That you want to spar with Aarhus-based colleagues.
- That you open up your workspace to the audience and that you are curious to receive feedback.
- That you take part in an evaluation of In Process - Aarhus.
HOW TO APPLY
- A motivated application containing a description of the artistic project/idea you wish to develop during In Process - Aarhus. We’d like it to include your thoughts on the theme, work method, format/aesthetic choices, use of the space and technical requirements (max. 2 pages)
- Wish list of 3 people based in Aarhus you wish to spar with or two areas of expertise that are relevant to you.
- CV on everyone involved (max. 1 page per person)
Documentation of the project or links to a website/documentation of earlier projects.
The application is sent in ONE PDF-file to firstname.lastname@example.org – write “IN PROCESS - Aarhus” in the subject line.
Application deadline is March 12th, 2021.
If you have any questions about the open call, contact Naja Lee Jensen at email@example.com
IN PROCESS is HAUT’s residency format for artistic processes and experiments and NOT for production. The written IN PROCESS project application is accepted in Danish, Swedish or English.
HAUT and Åbne Scene follow the authorities’ advice concerning the current COVID-19 situation and there are risks of changes in "IN PROCESS - Aarhus". We will continuously update everyone involved.
CURATION AND THE ORGANISATIONS
"IN PROCESS - Aarhus" is curated by Trine Sørensen, coordinator and curator at Åbne Scene and Naja Lee Jensen, artistic director of HAUT.
Åbne Scene, part of the cultural production centre Godsbanen, is a venue willing to take risks, that supports and nourishes professional and artistic skills, and creates a space for experiments and processes to take place in great performing arts facilities. Every year Åbne Scene presents 15-20 curated projects, where the artists in residency have the time and freedom to develop, exchange and research. Read more at www.aabnescene.dk & www.godsbanen.dk .
HAUT is a theatre supporting development projects and experiments. Through open calls HAUT will offer the residency programmes called IN PROCESS to self producing performing artists and choreographers. IN PROCESS has been created to facilitate artistic development and immersion. IN PROCESS will usually end with an informal meeting between the art, the artists and the audience, where dialogue is at the centre. You can find more information about HAUT’s development work here in our publication "HAUT – Artistic development" HERE.
"IN PROCESS - Aarhus" is supported by The Danish Arts Foundation.